Header part 2

making people healthy one person at a time

Friday, July 16, 2010

FARMER'S MARKET GLUTEN-FREE PASTA SALAD



I have one booth I go to at our local farmer's market. They grow the most beautiful tomatoes, peppers, basil and eggplant I've ever seen. It's organic, too! Most of the time I have recipes in mind, but sometimes I see something so tasty looking, I buy it and have to come up with something. So today it was green zebra tomatoes, pimento peppers, and fresh sweet banana peppers. You can mix up with whatever you find!


3 ripe green zebra tomatoes diced
2 fresh sweet banana peppers cut in rings
1 fresh pimento pepper diced, I would have used more, but I just had one
6 big basil leaves cut in strips
1 cucumber diced
1 shallot diced
1 garlic clove minced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
dash of sea salt
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 cups of gluten-free pasta cooked and rinsed with cold water 

Mix all ingreients before pasta, after well mixed add pasta and enjoy! This is an awesome salad when it
is 100 degrees outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites