Header part 2

making people healthy one person at a time

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gluten-free Vegan Chickpea Caesar Salad

I make this 2 ways. Sometimes I roast the chickpeas until they are crunchy and sometimes I just toss them in fresh.

                     Chickpea Caesar Salad

For Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil 
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 Tbs. prepared horseradish
1 lemon juiced 
3 cloves of garlic
1 Tbs. Ume Plum vinegar 
1 Tbs. coconut aminos
Process all ingredients.
  For Salad
2 heads of Romaine lettuce, rinsed and cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 cup of Daiya vegan cheese or your choice of cheese
1 cup of chickpeas
2 gluten-free breadsticks cut into bite-size squares or your choice of gluten-free croutons
 Toss all ingredients with dressing.
Toasting Chickpeas
Preheat oven to 425, take 1 to 2 cups of chickpeas and coat with the Caesar dressing, I like to add a tablespoon of garlic powder because I really like garlic. Spread evenly on parchment paper and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until crunchy. Stir after 20 minutes. Keep an eye them at the end because they will burn fast. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites